Plant name : Sirukurinjan
Sirukurinjan powder Also known as Sarkkaraikolli or Sweet Killer helps to treat Diabetes.
Botanical name : Gymnema sylvestre
Family : Asclepiadaceae
Actions : Anti Diabetic, Diuretic, Anti inflammatory, Laxative.
Above all, Gymnema sylvestre is a traditional ,wonderful ,precious and medicinal herb belongs to the family of asclepladaceae. It has a long history of use in alternative system of Indian medicines like Siddhartha ,Ayurveda and herbal medicines for the treatment of diabetes and weight reduction . Similarly, It is a woody climbing shrub native to tropical forests of southern and central India and Sri Lanka. Therefore, the common name of this plant are ,cow plant , and miracle plant.
Sirukurinjan powder Medicinal Uses
- Reduce the absorption of sugar from the intestine .
- Supports healthy glucose metabolism
- In addition it Increase the insulin secretion .
- Reduce the insulin resistance .
- Regeneration of pancreatic cells because it contains gymnemic acid ,this acid has anti diabetic and anti inflammatory properties .
- Lowers the bad cholesterol and triglycerides .
- Treat obesity and maintain normal weight .
- Similarly, This herb may be taken in the form of capsule ,liquid extract ,whole leaf ,leaf powder ,form of tea ,soup etc .
- It has pills ,capsules ,powder ,liquid extract are available in Indian alternative medical shops .
- In homeopathic system of medicine mother tincture is prepared from leaves and used to treat diabetes .
Medicinal plants used to treat diabetic conditions are of considerable interest.
In addition, They frequently use ten species of plants for the treatment of diabetes either in single or in combination with some other plant parts.
The wealth of tribal knowledge on medicinal plants points to a great potential for research and the discovery of new drugs to fight diseases including diabetes, obtaining new foods and other new uses.